The Art director is charged with determining the best ways for us to visually represent our company’s identity online. It’s very much a people-oriented job, involving development of high-level concepts for design projects. It also involves working with internal and external clients, pitching designs, and understanding client needs. At times, we require you to develop visual designs, and at other times, the Art Director will be responsible for recruiting and managing third party design and production firms as well as internal design & production resources.
Sales / marketing experience within the media / creative sector would be an advantage.
Required Skills / Abilities
- At least 2 years experience working with e-marketing and advertising
- Must possess a thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design as well as industry best practices
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web; must understand Flash and have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and develop innovative motion graphics solutions
- A strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development, interactive commerce and creative process
- Print and web design capabilities: must know how to work in both media for integrated campaigns
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion. Apply best practices in user interface and interactive design, including image optimization and site mapping
- Experience with software such as Photoshop, Illustrator & video Editing software
- Ability to make evaluative judgments
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Passion, Integrity, and Energy
- Lead creative sessions for project kick-offs
- Manage multiple projects from concept through to completion
- Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and that advance our brand strategy
- Establish creative direction for the entire line of client services and company programs
- Supervise and inspire the creative team of vendor partners; generate multiple concepts for a campaign or project
- Work with the account team, strategy team, and copywriters to develop concepts and present to management.
- Proficient with Adobe software – 2D & 3D Animation, Flash, Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Capable of successfully interpreting and acting on sometimes nebulous creative direction, in addition to having strong concepting skills.
- Great Storytelling & Client presentation skills.
- Work with internal teams to generate ideas for pitching and proposals
- Manage team members
- Provide quality control over concepts and projects
Application Closing Date: 10th April, 2019.