Job Description : Brand Strategist
Department: Account Planning & Services
We’re looking for a Brand Strategist to solve complex marketing and communication problems for forward thinking brands in Africa. This is a brand new position and provides the opportunity to carve out a niche role and make an impact within the creative and digital marketing space in Nigeria.
The Brand Strategist works across a number of functions, including research, communications, digital marketing and strategy. Your role within Webcoupers is to develop positioning recommendations, guide market research analysis and define brand elements and tone. The Brand Strategist will find ways to further enhance the branding of a product or service, as well as develop marketing plans through analysis of current market data and trends.
Frequent contact with clients is a key part of your job, so offering new and forward-thinking ideas is essential to the productive communication process. You will be expected to pitch to clients, so a very confident and assertive attitude is necessary to promote the agency’s ideas and benefits.
You will report to the company’s directors and the agency will also depend on you to give project direction and maintain a clear strategy to achieve the very best outcome for every client
- Day-to-day management of clients’ marketing and advertising campaign
- Regular communication and liaison with clients at a senior level for
- Coordinate team for quality status notifications and also generate accurate report for management.
- Pitch fresh and innovative ideas to clients
- Confident in building strong relationship with senior partners and clients as this will be a key part of the role.
- Complete projects to a specific schedule and within an agreed budget
- Use your knowledge and skills to push clients, the team and the agency in the most productive direction
- Strategic leadership: Lead projects and make sure the team is on track and on brief – without stifling creativity. Ability to mentor and support system to both strategy and creative teams within projects for high performance.
- Digital prowess: on the forefront of the latest technology and digital landscape, including social media, mobile applications and media – and everything required for success in between.
- Provide meaningful and comprehensive solution to briefs; powerful enough to generate excitement from both the client and the internal team.
- Responsible for managing projects budgets , understand its restraints to ensure profitability.
- As a part of our strategy team you will bring a deep understanding of, and extensive experience in, marketing strategy, experience design, design research, or brand communications.
- 2+ years experience creating strategy on major clients in Nigeria
- Experience in mobile, social, user experience planning/research, web or social analytics/reporting, real-time consumer insights.
- Experience with various qualitative and quantitative research methods and platforms (e.g.Google Analytics, Facebook Insights e.t.c).
- You have a track record of leading strategic conversations with a wide range of people in different disciplines.
- Extraordinary writing skills, visual story-telling skills and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated skills in core areas: business and brand strategy, insights and research, media and communications planning.
- Your deep expertise in partnering with, and building real, productive relationships with creative people who span many fields – advertising, video, interactive, print, retail, is essential for your success.
- Experience of creating productive working relationships with key partners outside of the Marketing function.
- You have a passion for technology along with a critical point of view on its impact on people’s lives.
- You have 2 – 5 years of strategic brand planning experience at a creative agency, or creatively-driven internal marketing team.
- Idea generation: can think in large scale, overarching ideas, but can also focus on the nuances that turn a good solution into a great one. Most importantly, has the ability to string individual ideas and executions into a comprehensive strategic roadmap that leads consumers on a valuable journey.
- Strategic leadership: can lead projects and make sure the team is on track and on brief – without stifling creativity. Must be a coach, a mentor and support system to both strategy and creative teams within projects.
- Digital prowess: on the forefront of the latest technology and digital landscape, including social media, mobile applications and media – and everything in between.
- Idea articulation and presentation skills: presents each solution in a meaningful and comprehensive way; powerful enough to generate excitement from both the client and the internal team.
- New business brain: works to seek out interesting, untapped opportunities and is an active part of the pitch process – from the initial handshake to the ideation phase to the presentation itself.
Webcoupers offers an excellent compensation package that includes:
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Medical Insurance
- Paid leave and flexible working arrangements.
- Fast-paced work environment with passionate people who love what they do.