Paid Media in the digital world generally refers to all forms of media that are paid for, for example, paid search, display advertising, social ads, PPC campaigns etc.
- Display ads: Creating visual ads that reach your target audience on relevant websites. Visuals often include videos, sponsorships, rich media/banners etc.
- Paid search: Generating traffic from relevant search results through targeted key words and phrases. This is often achieved via SEO and SEM.
- Social Media Ads: Specific adverts targeted at social media users such as; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked-in etc.
- Content Syndication: Placing owned content on other relevant websites through formats known as “Related Posts” or “More From Around the Web” links.
Advantages of Paid Media
- Cost-Effective: Paid media is not so expensive to run. Social media alone enables you to have an immense reach at a low cost and the reach is even wider than organic content. With a combination of quality creatives, solid ad copies, great content and immense targeting, you can reach a very wide audience at a very low cost.
- Visibility: Organic content is hardly seen by everyone in your target audience. Facts have shown that your followers will see less than 20% of the content you post thus your content might sometimes be irrelevant online.
- Advanced Targeting: With targeted ads, you can generate content to suit the specific audience you want to engage with. Targeted users often include selecting user interests, job titles, keywords, geography, demographics, and much more depending on the content style.
- Multipurpose: Several formats can be used to your own advantage. You can try using keyword incorporation, various ad sizes, and several PPC techniques to improve your reach.