Rich Media is a development that allows mobile applications and browsers to provide experiences that go beyond displaying text, static and animated graphics or video. It enables multimedia applications to be encapsulated in virtually any context that displays on a mobile device. Examples include:
Inserting media elements (e.g. ad banners) that expand across the page creating greater surface area for interaction and display of information.
Invoking a Video player application on a Mobile Web site or App, without leaving the browsing context.
Displaying real time content changes (stock prices, temperature, product availability, etc) on a Mobile website without reloading the whole page.
Assisting the consumer-to-brand conversation through simplifying interactions (e.g. click-to-call, location on maps, tear-and-share on social media sites, etc.)
- More compelling ads create more exciting user experience.
- Interaction within display ad itself, no landing page necessary.
- Convey more information in richer ad and better quality.
- Interaction increases brand recall and purchase intent.
- Better targeting of ads, and personalization for specifics users.
- Measurement of behavior in addition to views and clicks.
- Adjust the campaign with a single change in the case that a dedicated RMA server is used.
- Keeping visitors on the site, avoiding re-direction to landing pages for ad interaction purposes
- More user-friendly and compelling ad impressions to visitors
- Improve proposition towards advertisers Improve value and increased monetization of RMA inventory
- Gain insight in user behavior