Webcoupers is on a mission to build the infrastructure that will power the digital economy. You will be working with some of the smartest people in technology to build impactful products for the africa economy and emerging markets.
This role is a cross-functional role with user-experience design, user interface design, and creative design responsibilities. This role requires a generalist designer who understands users, design standards and how to use strategic communication to build products and campaigns that users love.
The Product Designer will be able to work independently to develop the design system on a range of ambitious and innovative projects. Responsible for helping to drive the creative direction of products, an understanding of typography, layout and art direction is required to help the team produce the best work possible.
Great knowledge of the following paradigms are required:
- User Interface Design
- UX Research
- Strategy-led Design
- Product Design
- Mobile-first web design
- Agile Product Management
- Design Systems
- Define & design the creative direction and brand identity elements for the company’s internal products
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Create personas through user research and data
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Design workflows, wireframes and attractive UI elements for the company’s applications/products
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Develop and design training content for Design training
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- Provide project management support to the team of developers.
- Work with the software development team to build websites using CMS templates for clients across Webcoupers and Haptics.
- Collaborate with the management team to identify and explore new opportunities in the education, training and digital marketing space.
- Proven experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer or similar role
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Background in ux research
- Familiarity with prototyping tools (ie Principle, Figma, Framer, Invision)
- Familiarity with JIRA, GitHub and other agile management tools
- You have an understanding of HTML, CSS, and JS standards
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Proficient in design software (e.g. UXPin, Balsamiq)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical mind with a business acumen
- Good communication skills
- BSc in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Middle-level Management
- Report to the Product design lead
- Work in the Engineering department.
- Opportunities for career growth in a fast-paced environment with passionate people.
- Leave & training allowance
- Remote-Friendly with flexible working hours
- A fast-paced work environment with passionate people who love what they do.
- Do something meaningful; Be a part of building the future of the digital economy across the African continent and emerging markets
- Fast-moving, challenging and unique business problems
- Health insurance