Webcoupers is a martech company on a mission to build better brands through technology and marketing. We help businesses grow and scale faster by providing innovative digital transformation solutions, strategies and products
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.
Webcoupers is looking for a team lead, software engineering. In this role, you will be leading a team of engineers to build innovative projects. Our ideal candidate should have proven experience as a backend engineer. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information and break them down for your team is second to none.
The ideal candidate must display excellent written and oral skills with demonstrated interpersonal and organization abilities and must be able to work in a varied, fast-paced environment. As well as, the ability to self-manage and work independently.
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications
- Design and implement build deployment, and configuration management of integrated technology software stacks. This involves API-level software integrations between multiple 3rd parties in secure cloud environments.
- Test implemented software designs & systems
- Build and deploy backend server/cloud infrastructure provisioning
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve technology infrastructure
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
- Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improve development delivery
- Consult with peers for feedback during software and integration testing stages
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes that are key to service delivery.
- Improve infrastructure development and application development
- High school degree or equivalent; bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, software engineering, or related field
- Minimum 6 years’ previous experience in development and operations, or related IT, computer, or operations field
- Previous experience with software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations.
- Experience with Linux infrastructures, database SQL (My SQL), CI/CD tools.
- Experience with Jenkins or similar automation frameworks
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or similar technologies
- Certification in any of the top 3 cloud platforms is an added advantage e.g AWS, GCP or Azure
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Advanced technological skillset and a demonstrated history with technology
- Exceptional team management skills.
- Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Opportunities for career growth in a fast-paced environment with passionate people.
- Laptop and free lunch in our physical hubs
- Book, leave & training allowance
- Leave & training allowance
- Remote-Friendly with flexible working hours
- A fast-paced work environment with passionate people who love what they do.
- Do something meaningful; Be a part of building the future of the digital economy across the African continent and emerging markets
- Fast-moving, challenging and unique business problems
- Health insurance