Bringing E Commerce to Everybody
PayPorte was launched in 2014, with a vision of being the face of Africa’s online market. This not going to be an easy feat to achieve seeing that two major brands, Konga & Jumia had already established market leadership in the Nigerian Ecommerce industry. It was obvious that PayPorte needed to have an innovative digital marketing strategy, but much more capable expertise in implementing this strategy.
The PayPorte 1K Store
Having considered the wide demographic of low and middle income earners, especially the youth and young urban professionals, PayPorte pioneered the first ever 1k Store on the 25th of January, 2016. The store consisted of highly affordable and quality products sold not more than N1, 500 and across all categories and was fully embraced by Nigerians.
Leveraging digital for the 1K Store
The challenge was to grow the PayPorte 1K Store sales to 5000 every monday from 50,000 SKU’s over the duration of the campaign, and eventually grow the initiative as an everyday store offering. Our overarching strategy was to use relevant digital channels to arouse interest, and consequently generate leads.
Over a 1 month period, the campaign yielded high returns on investment, on Twitter alone, the campaign garnered up to 197,201,688 impressions. Ever since, the campaign has continued to sustain momentum and traction.
- Connect with customers on all their online touch points. Social, Direct, referral, Search, Display & Direct
- Implemented a four point strategy: Awareness (Social Media & Display, PR), Consideration (Email & Remarketing), Purchase (Search & Remarketing), and Loyalty (Remarketing)
- Run and continually test Google Search & Display Campaigns.
- Track sales, customer activities and marketing campaigns
- Use of Attribution Model to analyze the synergy of all online sales & marketing channel.
- Give monthly projections and translate data into meaningful insights for improving the store’s user experience
- PayPorte brand awareness and search interest grew up by 100% within the campaign period with “PayPorte 1K store” being one of the most searched keywords.
- PayPorte increased its impression share by claiming over a third of impression shares.
- Paid Advertising led to the highest percentage of new sessions amongst other channels which includes direct, referrals, etc.
- 91% increase in revenue was attributed to the campaigns deployed for PayPorte
Established in September 2014, PayPorte is one of Nigeria’s fastest growing e commerce stores and has thrived to cater to a wide demographic that ranges from the youths and to the young urban professionals, providing a wide variety of products. With its headquarters in Nigeria and presence in five African countries including Kenya, South Africa, Morocco, Egypt and Ghana, PayPorte is on a mission to become Africa’s leading online retail store. In recognition of its efforts, it was recently named the Ecommerce Company of the Year by the CBN Cashless CardExpo Africa in 2016.